What’s Hot on Github – January 2009
Tháng Một 29, 2009
What’s Hot on Github is a monthly post highlighting interesting projects that are new or updated this month, within the Ruby community that are hosted on Github. Github has become an extremely popular place for Ruby and Rails developers to congregate over the last year, so I wanted to list some of the new projects, and some of the updated ones that I have found interesting.
This month’s picks:
- http://github.com/wycats/rails/ – Yehuda’s branch of Rails is where all the exciting Rails 3 stuff happens.
- http://github.com/collectiveidea/graticule/ – Graticule is a geocoding API for looking up address coordinates and performing distance calculations, supporting many popular APIs.
- http://github.com/jbarnette/intercession/ – Treat your sessions like models, not hashes. Intercession mixes a module into the session on each request, allowing you to nicely encapsulate (and test!) lots of user and session-specific behavior.
- http://github.com/mdarby/pollster/ – A Rails generator gem that generates an entire MVC stack for user polling on your app
- http://github.com/entp/xtt/ – Time tracker: think private ‘twitter’ that counts the duration of status messages.
- http://github.com/jeremymcanally/context/ – A super tight library to add contexts to tests.
- http://github.com/radar/rboard/ – An ‘evolved’ forum system
- http://github.com/karmi/pushr/tree/master – PushR: Deploy Rails applications by running Capistrano tasks with post-commit hooks
- http://github.com/kennethkalmer/daemon-kit – Daemon Kit aims to simplify creating Ruby daemons by providing a sound application skeleton (through a generator), task specific generators (jabber bot, etc) and robust environment management code.
- http://github.com/shuber/hattr_accessor/tree/master – Allows you to define attr_accessors that reference members of a hash
- http://github.com/harukizaemon/drupal_fu/tree/master – Ruby on Rails Models and Helpers for integrating with Drupal
- http://github.com/harukizaemon/acts_as_teapot/tree/master – acts_as_teapot ensures your application is compliant with RFC2324 – that is, it knows how to be a network enabled teapot controller.
- http://github.com/apostlion/rubyrati/tree/master – Rubyrati is a Ruby wrapper for the Technorati API
Have any projects to add or want to recommend a project for next month’s post? Please leave a comment.